3 Lead-Generating Benefits of Blogging
Leads are the lifeblood of a business. Without leads, growth can stagnate, and your business can die on the vine. While social media and email campaigns can generate leads, blogging is one of the most effective methods.
1. Blogging Drives Targeted Traffic to Your Website
Let’s be honest; without helpful and informative content, there isn't really a reason for people you haven’t already interacted with to visit your site. You need to offer visitors something of value and a compelling reason to visit your website – to read your content.
- Promote your blog content on social media: There are only so many times you can link to your homepage or landing pages across your digital channels.
- Reduce bounce rate: Blogging drives traffic to your website, but it also gives visitors a reason to stay for longer and to keep coming back.
- Boost your search ranking: Publishing targeted and optimised content can increase your ranking in search engine results.
2. Blogging Helps Convert Visitors and Reduces Bounce Rate
An excellent blog that offers real value to the reader is a great tool for generating leads. Creating valuable and engaging content increases your credibility. It builds a connection with the reader. This connection can be capitalised on when you incorporate well-placed calls to action in your posts.
- Build your email list by offering content delivered straight to your lead's inbox.
- Craft compelling calls to action to encourage visitors to find out more about your products and services.
- Include links to landing pages or content aimed further down your sales funnel.
Producing quality content illustrates your knowledge and the value you can provide to potential clients. Consistently contributing well-informed content can even position you as a thought leader in your industry.
3. Blogging Offers Great ROI
A single quality post can drive traffic and leads for years to come. You should still periodically promote your older posts, but even if you don’t, they won’t disappear forever. Blog posts gain ranking in search results and can still get shares from visitors long after they were first posted.
Getting the right share from the right person can give your old post a new lease of life.
Some of the most popular viral videos once sat idle without any views – before the right share from the right person. The same thing can happen to your blog posts. While your post might not be seen every millennial with a smartphone, it could still provide a massive boost to your traffic and generate more leads if it gets the right share.
You should be aiming to produce evergreen content for your blog, content that stays relevant for months or even years - with a few edits. Write a blog post on the latest industry news from the London Festival of Marketing, and you might gain some attention for the next few days or weeks. Write a short guide based on the principals taught by a guest speaker, and your post could stay relevant for years to come.
These are just three of the lead-generating benefits of blogging for your business. With the growing use of ad blockers, blogging is one of the most powerful marketing tools available for your business.